(For Practicing Paralegals)
The purpose of the Jimmie Murvin Certification Scholarship (“JMCS”) is to financially assist LSPA members desiring to obtain the LCP, CP, or ACP certifications.
Applicants for the JMCS:
- must be a Voting Member of LSPA for three consecutive years prior to applying for a scholarship
- must meet all of the requirements set forth by NALA or LSPA for the exam that they are applying to take
- must have either passed the exam on or after September 15 of the prior year, or plan to take the exam on or before September 15 of the following year.
More information, and application forms HERE.
(for Paralegal Students)
The Rochelle Scholarship, awarded annually, provides up to $500 to a paralegal student enrolled in an institutionally accredited Louisiana paralegal program.
Applicants for the Rochelle Scholarship:
- must be currently enrolled in an institutionally accredited paralegal program in Louisiana which offers a curriculum of at least sixty (60) semester hours.
- must have an overall grade point average of at least a 3.0
- must be enrolled in a minimum of six hours of paralegal studies.
- Applicant must be planning a career as a paralegal.